Scott Love Insurance provides auto insurance (car insurance) in Lutz, Florida, and the surrounding areas of Land O Lakes and Tampa, that can protect your and your entire family if you are in an accident.
What is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against huge financial loss if you are in an accident. It basically is an agreement between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premiums and the company agrees to pay for your covered losses as defined in your insurance policy.
In Florida, auto insurance is comprised of six different kinds of coverage which we will briefly explain below and then develop in more detail in the coming months. Florida law currently only requires Pip (Personal Injury Protection) and Property Damage. We want to remind you that the purpose of auto insurance is not to satisfy the State of Florida but to protect you, your family, and your possessions no matter whether you get hit or hit someone else.
Failure to carry adequate insurance could results in lawsuits against you and your personal assets, massive medical bills, not being able to replace your wrecked car, unable to pay other people’s medical bills, and complete financial ruin!
What is Covered on a Basic Personal Auto Insurance Policy?
- Bodily Injury-When you or your family members cause injuries to someone else and are responsible for their medical bills. This also covers when driving someone else’s car with their permission.
- Property Damage-Damage you or someone on your policy causes to someone else’s property(usually a car but can include houses, fences, etc).
- Personal Injury Protection-The Florida n0-Fault law wherein no matter who is at fault, each party gets us to $10,000 medical reimbursement from own policy for own injuries.
- Uninsured Motorists-When someone hits and injures your but since they either have no insurance or not enough, your medical bills are paid out of your own policy.
- Collision-pays for damage to your car resulting from a collision with another car or object.
- Comprehensive-reimburses you for loss due to theft, fire, falling objects, flood, wind, hail, or even contacts with animals like deer or birds.